BUILDING THE HOUSE OF DAMAGES: USING AN ECONOMIST & VOCATIONAL EXPERT/LIFE CARE PLANNER IN SEVERE CHILD INJURY CASES 10/16/17 Albany
2.0 NY CLE Credits
Monday, October 16th at Treviso by Mallozzi’s, 257 Washington Avenue Extension, Albany, NY 12205
COURSE TITLE: Building the House of Damages: Using an Economist & Vocational Expert/Life Care Planner
COURSE OVERVIEW: This NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers’ hosted seminar will cover the use of expert testimony to put concrete dollar values on categories of damages in severe injury cases.
- Calculating and Documenting Economic Damages: lost wages, lifetime care costs (future medical costs), household and/or special care services, loss of fringe benefits, and other economic losses in severe injury cases.
- The purpose of the vocational expert/life care planner and economist will be discussed, as well as, how their services are complementary.
- Methodologies and case illustrations will be reviewed so that attorneys can better understand how to effectively use these experts.
- Know the Value of YOUR Case
• Brian Daly, MS, C.R.C., Occupational Assessment Services
• Glenn Verchick, Ginarte, O’Dwyer, Gonzalez, Gallardo & Wingrado
• Lawrence Spizman, PhD., Spizman Economics
Please note: this is a complimentary 2.0 CLE Dinner/Seminar for lawyers and paralegals only if you are a member of the NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers. Non-Members are welcome to attend at the $100 per person rate. To register via the NYSATL website, please CLICK HERE.
For more information:
If you have questions about this CLE seminar, please contact Verena Aibel at 973-365-4017 or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org.